15th LCDS meeting connects data science and finance
Data science and finance are related in many ways: from Financial Shared Services to government finance statistics and taxpayers’ supervision. Speakers from Leiden University, CBS and Belastingdienst elaborated on these topics during the LCDS meeting Big Data & Finance on 26 October 2016.
The presentations can be downloaded here:
- The Tax System as a Complex Adaptive System
Rex Arendsen (Extraordinary Professor of Societal and Historical Context of Tax Law, Leiden University)
- Data Science in Practice: Current Challenges, Future Opportunities - Building and implementing models in a tax authority
Emma Gottesman (Lead Data Scientist, Belastingdienst)
- Continuous Improvement with help of Data Analytics
Rob van den Wijngaard (Manager Financial Shared Service Centre, Leiden University)
- Applying Analytics for Improved Taxpayer Supervision
Mark Pijnenburg (Data Scientist, Belastingdienst)
- Government finance statistics 2.0: challenges for data scientists?
Floris Jansen (Economist, Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek)
During its monthly meetings, the Leiden Centre of Data Science brings together data scientists and researchers/professionals from other disciplines. Each of the events is centered around a specific topic or field of study. If you would like to stay updated on the events LCDS organizes, please subscribe to our mailing list.